Saturday, August 31, 2013

Turn It Around

We all have negative thoughts that hold us back.  And most negative thoughts don't feel or sound like negative thoughts because we just think we're holding ourselves accountable or pushing ourselves.  Most of my negative thoughts are cleverly hidden because I am a writer and I know how to trick myself into and out of any way of thinking.  When you've got the gift of the written word, you're a master of deception.  And sometimes that includes self-deception.

In my tarot reading, we talked about negative thoughts that are holding us back.  And so I'm here to release those negative thoughts:


  • The belief that if I stop beating myself up, I will stop working as hard for things.
  • The belief that I'm not ready to be a successful writer because I haven't done enough, worked hard enough or because I don't know enough.
  • The belief that because others have achieved what I want that they are smarter, better, and more able than I am.  Therefore, of course I don't deserve any of what I want because I'm not good enough.
  • The belief that I have to be old before any of my work sees the light of day or any of my financial success comes.  Because somehow being old means that you've earned it.
  • The belief that you have to earn it and that earning it means doing this for 20-plus years and going through and mastering every single step along the way.
  • The belief that success is supposed to take along time in order to mean anything.
  • The belief that life is supposed to be fair and that nothing can come to be until there is balance and fairness.
  • The belief that fast money and fast success mean less.
  • The belief that waiting makes success better.
  • The belief that being a starving artist somehow makes my work better and my life more noble. 
  • The belief that my Mother needs me to tell her what to do, otherwise her life will fall apart, she will be destitute and will descend into a world of sadness.


Today, I release all of that and instead will adopt a new way of thinking.


  • I can achieve more by being good to myself  
  • I am my own best friend.
  • I am ready and have been ready to be a successful writer whose work is published, whose work is well compensated and who is an expert on his craft and is called upon to share his expertise and life experience with others.
  • Now is the time for all of this to happen.
  • What has happened to other people has nothing to do with me.  I am on my own path and so are they.  There is no correlation.
  • I am better for my life experience, but another thing I need to experience is financial and creative success.
  • If I write and learn and do things every day to move forward, that is a success.  And I can have that success on a daily basis.
  • I only need to validate and love myself.
  • The path is as short or as long as I choose it to be.
  • Life is not fair.
  • Fairness is not my responsibility.
  • Money is energy, not just profit.  It doesn't hold anything negative except what I choose to put on it.  So fast or slow, easy or hard, it is all good as long as I am all good in my relationship to it.
  • What other do or say about me or how they live their lives is none of my business.
  • My financial success can be huge and epic, but it doesn't define me.  So I don't have to keep it small to be more honorable.  I can live large and still be on a spiritual path because it doesn't define me.  More money, more problems if I define myself by how much money I have or how much money I don't have.  But I can be a billionaire and be a complete human being.  But that is a choice.
  • My life experience can be as big and epic as a I want it to be.  It can take me anywhere I choose for it to take me.
  • My life experience is based on perception, my own way of thinking.  I have the dial to control how much the volume is turned up in my life.

If my father's death has taught me anything, it is to look at things 180 degrees from the way I looked at them before.  Invert the thought.  Twist the spine.

Twisting the spine also means that I can turn things around 180 degrees.  Wow.  That's a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment