Sunday, May 1, 2011

Today

Today is the six month anniversary of the day that I walked out of my relationship. But it's just another day. I woke up to get on the internet to figure out a place to meet for brunch with my friend, Krista, who's an amazingly talented playwright and in town from San Diego, where she's been in grad school for the past three years. She's getting ready to move back to NYC soon.

We had brunch together with her friend Kira. It was hot out and I wore a tank top. We had a great time, then I came home and napped for two hours. Then I woke up and made some potstickers and now I'm eating Strawberry Ice Cream made with coconut milk. Trying to keep cool.

Today's just another day. Of me making decisions for myself and choosing what I want for myself. And I've been doing that, day after day, six months running.

I have more to share about recent events and will do so in subsequent blogs, but I just wanted to acknowledge the ordinariness of my life. MY life.

Now back to regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment