Saturday, November 17, 2012

Taking to my blog

When people get depressed or need to reboot, they usually take to their bed.  I'm not depressed, but I haven't written on this thing in a month and who knows how long before that.  So I'm taking to my blog.  It's not that I've intentionally neglected my blog. It's not like a lot of people read it, although I do have some very good and loyal friends who take a look at it.  

I'm eating some very salty homemade (from a box) matzo ball soup.  Oh, man is this salty!  And I'm drinking my detox tea.  I have taken my psyllium husk powder already this morning.  I tend to go very simple with the food when I'm regrouping.  Very bland and light.  Cleansing the palate.

Sometimes I ponder the very point of writing this blog.  Why do it?  I started writing this blog two years ago because I had just gone through a break up and I wanted to document my progress.  I feel a lot of pressure to make this blog entertaining instead of just an online journal.  Although I feel like the online journaling is really important for me.  And my secondary goal is it being entertaining.  I've read through past blog posts and some of them are completely composed and "performed."  I can see myself deliberately trying to be a good read.  Some posts are raw.  Some posts are just unformed (like this one, in fact).  

I have been busy in the past two months.  I'm still umemployed, but somehow I have been busier than ever.  It helps pass the time and it means that I'm putting a lot of energy out there in different pots.  I'm still in A Place of Yes where I'm accepting what comes my way.  

I'm going to have a series of posts called "Saying Yes To...".  I'm saying yes to a lot of things lately and those things are making my life quite full.  I don't know where it is all leading, but I am saying yes more than anything.

The two mottos I've been living by for the past two years are: 

"Say Yes to Everything."

"Let it Go."

It's like an emotional housecleaning.  I'm letting go of everything in my life that's not necessary so that I can make room for the things I'm saying yes to.

So here we go...a series of new blog posts.  Ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment