Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Direction, Not The Direction

Just as much as I'm practicing the principles of LETTING GO and SAYING YES, encompassed with that is the principle of SURRENDERING.  I have always had an idea of the direction I want to go in and have pursued that with energy and vision.  That has served me well, but what I'm trying to practice now is surrender.  Oprah Winfrey says, "When you've done everything you possibly can, just surrender it to the Universe."

I'm looking at my calendar and it's indicating a certain direction.  It may not be the direction, but it's a direction.

Today I have a conference call about a play that's being read in DC next month.  We're going to discuss what I want from the reading and what's still troubling me about the play.  Thursday, I have another discussion with a local theatre company about the same play to discuss what the play is about and what I'm trying to achieve.   Then on Saturday, my writers group is getting together and I'm supposed to be presenting new pages.

Next week I have dinner with a literary manager at South Coast Rep.  Then the holiday party for the Playwrights group I'm a member of, which will include a lot of theatre professionals and other writers.  Then that weekend I'm attending three new play readings.

In January, I'm doing a mini-workshop of a play I wrote this year.  Then I'm going back to Santa Clara to guest lecture on the business of getting representation.  Hopefully, I can get some meetings set up with some necessary folks in the Communications and English departments re: me teaching there again.    

And in February, I'm going back to Santa Clara for another lecture.

Is that the direction, I should be going in.  I don't know.  But I do know that my calendar is filled with a lot of theatre and education related events.  So I'm just going to keep going forward and fill my time in between with the writing I need to be doing.  And we'll just take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment