Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Juicing: Day One, Juice One

I decided last week that it would be in my best interest to start a juice cleanse.  When I saw my friend Tim for a hike over the holiday weekend, he decided that he would do it with me.  I was just going to pick up three juices a day from Pressed Juicery in West Hollywood, drink lots of water, and make veggie broth and give myself a bit of a liquid cleanse for three days.  Tim decided that he was going to try and make the juices at home using a blender.  He had seen recipes on a website that replicated the juices from the Blueprint Cleanse, but using a blender.

I was skeptical.  I liked the idea of just going to pick up my juices every morning. But I wanted to be supportive of Tim. 

So now I'm in his apartment--because we thought that having a "study hall" day where I come over and write would be good for us as well--and I'm drinking my second 8 oz green juice.  The first was 16 oz.  And it's more of a shake than a juice.  Well, actually, it's a bit more of a chopped salad.  I wonder if I can get away with adding some kalamata olives, feta cheese, olive oil, basil and garlic to this.  I'm drinking more because I want to get full. 

When I was half way through my first glass, I told Tim: "I can feel something moving."  Five minutes later I was in the bathroom.  Cleansing.

Why am I doing this again?  Oh, yeah.  I want to get rid of things I don't need.  I want to come back to a truer sense of self, only carrying with me exactly what I need.  And my boyfriends going to be gone for three weeks, so I'm telling myself that I want to look super hot for him when he comes home.  That's the vain part of me speaking.  But I really want to change my routine around. 

I shaved my head again yesterday, six weeks to the day I did it before.  My Dad's been gone for six weeks.  I think it's time to start making some changes.  I think I need to really set a schedule for myself.  That's what I'm trying to do as well, so that when the Drummer returns, I will have a set schedule for myself that I will stick to.

Oh, so here's the juice I'm drinking:
kale
celery
apple
lemon
parsley
spinach
cucumber
romaine

Mmmm...hopefully it'll make my cum taste better.  Or maybe that'll be the pineapple and apple juice I'll be trying later.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment