Thursday, September 15, 2011

Back from Vacay (Again)

I just got back from a week in Portland visiting my brother and his family. I was out there for a theatre festival and to just hang with my beautiful niece and her baby brother who's still baking in the oven.

Spending family time and theatre time was a great way for me to just get myself re-calibrated for my upcoming teaching stint and to have a productive Fall of writing.

I've been mainly focused on setting up my class and sending out submissions and I haven't done much writing. But that's all right. I will get writing done once classes start next week.

I'm going to spend the time in Santa Clara going to theatre, teaching and working out. Then the weekends are going to be about writing and the Drummer (who, by the way, is officially the Boyfriend - but I'm going to continue to refer to him as the Drummer and sometimes the Drummer Boyfriend).

I need to divide my life up so that I'm getting all of my goals accomplished in the next 10 weeks.

The Portland trip was good because I got to eat my face off - I need to drop some serious lbs before The Drummer Boyfriend gets back from Wisconsin next week. I've got a week to get myself into tip top shape. And that's just for myself. Which is exactly who it should be for.

I am not giving up my single body just because I'm dating someone. And neither should he...and I don't think he has the intention to do that either. We are both our own people and need to keep our identity.

Despite the fact that we both like each other so much we want to eat the other's face off.

I have a lot of writing to do in the next few months before the end of the year. I've got this new play to finish soon so that I can get to work on this new screenplay I want to write. And I have to figure out a new one hour drama to write. Not sure if I'm going to pick up and try to work out my art thieves drama or not. I have to find a good story to make it fun, sexy and worthwhile.

I've done a lot of writing this year so far. I finished a play. I wrote five or six drafts of the pilot. I'm finishing another play. I'm writing my face off. And I'm hoping the teaching schedule will just make me more disciplined. I also have this other play I want to workshop with students, which might take up some time.

As always, I want to get a shitload of things done. But I work best when I work a lot. And since my schedule is my own, everything can be focused on all of this theatre work I'm generating.

So the vacay did the trick. I'm refreshed and ready to take on the Fall. I'm also ready to have lots of hot sex with my hot boyfriend. He really is a fine man. And possibly the sweetest individual ever. He really does have a wonderful heart and reminds me that I should be leading with MY heart at all times. I have a big heart too, but sometimes I get caught up in being so tough or so aggressive. It's nice to just be who I am and to let that light shine though.

I'm happy that he's in Wisconsin with his family, but I can't wait until I get to be naked with him again soon, wrapped up in his body.

But in the mean time, I have plenty to do. The past two weeks of vacay have been wonderful. And the next ten weeks (with some breaks for a SF weekend and maybe an NYC trip) will be equally wonderful as well.

Ready to take it on. Very excited to reconnect with some friends from college. It's going to be an awesome Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment