Monday, September 19, 2011

A Professor Prepares

I've decided on an outfit for tomorrow.

Is there anything else I need to prepare?

Hee hee...

I've been preparing for the past month for this course. From the first moment I got the email, I started thinking of what I would be teaching and how I would be teaching. But teaching is all about presentation. At least in my estimation. But I guess I would say that about most things.

Cooking is all about presentation.
Working out is all about presentation.
Chives are all about presentation.

I guess the thing I need to make sure I do is keep it together. I have so many feelings about this experience. I'm going back to the place where I became a playwright. The first five minutes of this class convinced me that this was my calling. And now I'm giving something back. It's only fitting that this could be the start of everything.

I'm laying the foundation for this next chapter in my life. Maybe we're calling it Act Two. Maybe we're calling it Act One, Scene Ten. I don't know. But I know it's different than what has come before. I've got a new man in my life, a man who's supportive and excited about what I'm doing and who I am. I've been submitting plays to all of the places that I should be submitting plays to. I'm going to get in the face of the SF theatre folks.

And I'm going to do it looking fierce. I've got scarves. I've got crisp white shirts. I've got pinstripes. I've got black rimmed classes. I've got cap toe oxfords in burgundy. I've got hats. I've got cardigans...very college professor, very Mister Rogers, very Fall 2011. If you're trying to inspire, then you need to inspire students to come with their A game. And I'm bringing my A game from head to toe.

But seriously...

I am going to look HOT.

No, but seriously again...

I've got my lesson for tomorrow ready. I've got the whole Quarter worked out, which will change I'm sure as the course goes on. But I'm prepared with SOMETHING, even though that something might change. I'm excited to work with this group of writers and to see where this all goes.

One more glance at this week's plan and then I'm off to the spa and my Dad's nutritionist appointment and then dinner with my Mom and Godmother. And then a little Dancing with the Stars and then bed. I need to be up by 5 AM tomorrow. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment