Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pageant Weight

I was holding my nephew, waiting for my brother to take a picture...

"Hold your stomach in."

Ugh. I've gained some weight. I'm in a happy relationship and I've put on that dreaded happy weight! Damn!

It's nothing that anyone would notice except for my brother. And my friend Victor, who said that I looked like I had LOST weight. Although I think he was being sarcastic or a saboteur. I haven't lost weight. He might be mocking me, too.

And having a little extra weight for this reunion is fine. I looked great at my high school reunion. But I have to take the weight off for any TV meetings. That simply won't due.

My weight fluxuates a bit. I really don't have any real issues around it. But I can feel that my stomach feels big. To me. So that's when it's time for me to slim down. I need to be a good 15 pounds lighter than I am. I've put on muscle, which is terrific. But I need to get rid of whatever I have in the middle.

The Drummer and I are supposed to be on the same page. Right now, I think he's looking way better than me. I need to get to running. The no cardio thing is not good. I haven't had time for my dance classes, which I think affects things as well.

My friend Tracee was Miss Memphis when we were in grad school and she lost a good 20 pounds which she didn't need to lose for normal life, because she looked too thin. But in pictures and for pageants, she looked terrific. I just need to be at pageant weight in the next month. That's all.

And with the nice boufant that my hair is right now, someone will look at my svelte bod and my full head of hair and say to me, "I hope you win."

I'd better win. I'm a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment