Friday, August 24, 2012

I See Dead People

Or people talking about dead people.  On You Tube. 

Today, on the one month anniversary of my Dad's death, I ended up watching a lot of videos featuring people who had loved ones who died.  I watched Jane Fonda talk about how On Golden Pond was her way of trying to find closure with her father, Henry Fonda..  I watched Paris Jackson talk about her father and what a great cook he was.  I listened to Janet talk about Michael and how it all still seemed pretty fresh.  David Burtka, Neil Patrick Harris' fiancee, was talking about his mother who had always wanted grandchildren and didn't live to see David and Neil's twins.  Bobbi Kristina talked about how Whitney is still with her and telling her "I got you" from beyond the grave.

I guess I'm still looking for clues on how to handle all of this.  Even though everyone's experience is different, it helps to hear about those experiences.

I watched all of that while procrastinating from working on this outline for this pilot I'm trying to get done.  I finally finished the outline over the course of five hours.  It's a lot of work, this writing.  Now I'm procrastinating going to bed by typing this blog and will probably watch some more You Tube videos.

As much as it seems like the month has flown by, it also seems like he's been gone a year already.  It's a weird sensation. 

Something Bobbi Kristina said that resonated with me was that she feels her mother's presence more now than she did when she was alive.  And I can definitely relate to that.  I feel my Dad around me so much more than I did when he was alive.  I guess that's nice because that means that he's always with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment