Monday, July 11, 2016

Five Years Ago Today

The Drummer and I went on our first date five years ago today. On a Monday. It would have been our fifth anniversary today. And I closed the door on that chapter TODAY. The Universe has a poetic approach to life cycles.

I went and got the rest of my camping equipment today. I wanted a clean break. When I came over, he was on the phone and I looked around the place. I saw a digital photo frame. I looked at the pictures why I was waiting for him. Then I saw photographs of the two of them. My breath got short. I physically had a reaction - like people do in the movies. It was very dramatic - and very authentic as well. They looked happy. They are happy. That's it.

Out of hurt, I asked a lot of questions clarifying how they met. I wanted to know if they met before they broke up. They met in February. The new guy's birthday is February 23rd (not sure why he told me this). My breath got shorter. I got in the car and went on a ride along with the Ego Police. I was angry and upset and self-involved. It was not a good look for me, but it was honest. Too honest, maybe.

He wanted to cut the conversation short at that point and expressed that he had a lot to get done before he left town. I backed off because it was reminding me too much of what he would say to me all of the time any time I tried to express anything "this deep (his words)." That was a good reminder of our differences. But more than anything, it was clear that I didn't give him what he needed - and found so quickly. And neither did he.

After I left - once we hugged, said "I love you", and realized that this was difficult and that we'll work on our friendship once we establish a different way of being something to each other -  I had an epiphany. He met the boyfriend in February. I got my job in February. The boyfriend's birthday is February 22nd. I started my job on February 23rd.  The Universe gave us each what we wanted once we separated. This separation was necessary for each of us to be truly happy. Our relationship made us realize what was really important and what was holding us each back. Unfortunately, it was each other. But the doors flew open once we got out of each other's way.

And that is beshert. 

I'll be okay.

I am grateful for the realization that the break up was right and meant to be.
I am grateful for the love of friends who listened to me work this out all weekend.
I am grateful for a place to write these thoughts down.
I am grateful that my relationship to my work is thriving.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Diego from Argentina and I want to share with you all how I got my ex back after she left me on the 20th of may because of some misunderstanding between us, I tried to resolve it with her but she never gave me a chance , i begged and begged but she said she was done . two weeks ago I came in contact with Dr Donald , I explain to him how I have been trying to get my ex back but all to no avail and he told me to give him my ex name and photo and I gave him and he told me that 24 hours from now my ex girlfriend will come back to me I left with little faith, Behold the next day my ex girlfriend was at my apartment rigging the door bell I opened the door and she went on her knees begging me to accept her back I quickly grab her and carried her inside and since that day till now and forever we are happily together and our love keeps growing stronger . a big thanks to to dr Donald you can contact dr Donald through donaldsolutiontemple@yahoo.com you can also reach him on WhatsApp +1 (938) 2044894 for any spell and solution to your illness and diseases thank you

    ReplyDelete