Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Weekend of Bliss

I live in Los Angeles and there is this place called the Sequoia National Forest I have never been to. That's just sad. Well, I remedied that this weekend. The Drummer took me to the woods!

It was so beautiful. Trees and mountains and rivers...oh my! Really a pleasant weekend. I needed it after the week I had. My Dad was in the hospital for a few days and had gotten out last week only to go in again on Thursday. Parents trip to Portland canceled. Lots of confusion on my part as to what the Dad wants. I had spent a lot of time lately worrying about what is going on my family and being incredibly frustrated because of it. Since my Dad was in the hospital and my Mom wasn't going to go to Portland without him, I ended up going on my trip. Thank God...because I literally felt like I was going to rip off someone's face if I didn't go this weekend. Plus, we had already paid for the place we were going to stay at.

We drove up Friday night to Fresno. Fresno scares me. It's strangely desolate. But we did manage to find a steakhouse that served us $2 pints of General Sherman IPA. And we had two handsome burgers. Then we went to the supermarket to load up on water, booze and fixins for breakfast and lunches. Off to place we were staying at which is on a ranch. We opened the door and saw a quaint, nicely set up studio apartment. Lots of room. We just wanted to unpack and go on a late night stroll on the ranch. Star gazing, hand holding and lots of outdoor kissing. Then we went inside and sexed it up.

Next morning we sexed it up, then I made omelets. The Drummer made sandwiches for us to take with us and then we headed out. I will say this about The Drummer: he's great to hang out with grocery shopping AND while sexing AND while gazing at the stars AND while at a bar. The Drummer has this saying: it was a good hang. He uses "hang" to describe a good time, a good hang out. And it's always a good hang no matter what we are doing. It's easy, but not simple and not boring. It's relaxed.

So we headed out and smoked some pot on the way up. I'm not a big pot smoker and I'm certainly not a big drug user in general. But I had a "when in Rome" moment. I had decided earlier in the week to stop trying to plan a perfect weekend with him. He had wanted to show me The Sequoias - this was his hang. So I surrendered, which is not something I do very easily. I wanted to see this place through his eyes, and part of that included smoking pot.

At a certain point we were very high up in elevation and I was very high. We walked around the big sequoia, General Sherman. There were lots of European tourists around. The Drummer and I had a wonderful time just walking around. But for the most part, we drove around A LOT. But there was beautiful natural wonder after beautiful natural wonder. Rocks, mountains, The Drummer's beautiful blue eyes. It was a real day to remember.

We had lots of conversations. Silly ones as well as deep ones, or ones that seem deep when you're high. All I wanted to do was kiss him all over. We had talked all weekend about the fact that this weekend was going to be the big moment for us. I was going to have sex with him. I knew that I wanted to and we had the appropriate accouterments with us. Unfortunately, after a day of walking, driving, eating and smoking, we got home and crashed. But we crashed in each other's arms, pretzeled. That's another term that we use a lot. We ended up going to bed pretzeled in each other. The Drummer is so hot and sexy and warm and awesome that it's easy to fall asleep in his arms.

The next morning we woke up. I was a little disappointed for him that we didn't do the deed the night before. But he didn't sweat it. Gosh, I like him. That was the perfect response.

So after breakfast and sandwich making, we hit the road again. This time we were going to head to Shaver Lake and Huntington Lake to stroll around. If Saturday was about natural beauty, Sunday was going to be about local flavor. And we wanted to make sure we didn't tire ourselves out so much that we couldn't come home and do it. So we hit the road, smoked some weed - different from the type that we smoked the day before. This was supposed to make the colors pop and boy did it. It made everything pop.

First stop was Shaver Lake and this gelato place. They had no flavors that felt authentically Italian. And they were out of Key Lime Pie, which I was interested in. So I had chocolate. The Drummer had Nutella-Banana. We grabbed a table and I picked up an old issue of ROLLING STONE and he picked up a guitar and kept trying to get me to "name that tune." I was wondering what someone who noticed we were a couple might think, given we were outside of LA. And I don't think it's the thought of what he was going to do to me later that would freak someone out if they're homophobic. I think it was the fact that it was a Sunday and we were laughing. I was guessing the music he was playing and he was serenading me. I was reading a magazine and telling him what was on celebrity play lists. We were clearly more than friends, but we weren't doing anything remotely sexual. But it was sweet and lovely...maybe the threat of normalcy is the biggest threat of all.

We had a lot of conversations like that on Sunday. This pot made me talk and talk and talk. We talked about family. We talked about friends. We talked about my Ex and about why things didn't work out. But mostly we held hands in the car the whole time.

Then we stopped at this lodge in Huntington Lake, which was beautiful by the way. All of these people with their sail boats and jet skis looked like they were having the perfect Sunday afternoon. We stopped inside for a beer and got a lot more than that. We met this wild guy named Barry, who owned the place. With his big gut, an unending flow of vodka tonics and the big dark bags under his eyes you just knew that Barry had lived a life. The Drummer chatted him up about things: Barry is a songwriter. And eventually, that turned into The Drummer and the band he plays in being invited up on Labor Day weekend to play at the Lodge. So now I know where I'll be on Labor Day weekend.

I loved watching The Drummer talk shop. I later remarked that there's nothing sexier than a man who knows what he's talking about. It's that confidence that's sexy. So we drove back down and around back to Shaver Lake. There we had an early dinner and debated whether these two high school friends were a couple or not. The pot was making us have serious theories on the subject. I didn't want to stare at them because I felt that if they were secretly a couple, then they should have their secret relationship without any outside judgment from the two older gay dudes in the corner.

We drove home, pulled up to the ranch and had a few drinks. OH WAIT!!!! Forgot something. We pulled up to the side of the road on the way back, before dinner. We looked out at Huntington Lake. I think I took another hit and this time it affected me in a strong way. I got off the rock we were sitting on and I made my way to the ground. I had to lay down. I was perfectly fine, but I knew I was starting to get crazy high. . Then everything turned white for a second, but once I laid down I was good. Then the Drummer laid down beside me. He smiled. He said he knew what I was thinking. I thought I knew what he was thinking. Then my zipper comes down and my shorts get lowered and I'm getting a fantastic outdoor blow job. Then I decide to give him one and then he sees a boat about to pass by. We pull our pants back up and make out way back up to the car. But we had some good outdoor oral for about ten minutes or so. And he initiated it. Hot!

So then we go back and we're in our little place and things start to heat up. This is the moment. Without getting too explicit, we get naked and I'm ready for the moment. It took a few changes of position and then we were off to the races! It was great. It felt good for me. It felt good for him. And it was official, we had sex. More pretzeling and then we woke up on Monday morning.

We made breakfast, packed up and left. Hand holding the whole way back. Smiling and sneaking kisses. I loved the whole weekend. So did he. And it just felt natural. We had some pretty stellar hangs the whole weekend. Met some people. Got invited back and had some hot sex memories to boot. Whatever it is that we're doing, we both know that this is a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment