Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Recap

I've been watching THE A LIST on Logo, which is pretty annoying and pointless. But the recaps called THE EASY A LIST are much more compelling, so I thought I'd do a quick recap of recent events since last Thursday when I posted last.

Friday: I had a busy day. I had lunch with The Drummer before he headed out of town again for a gig. We held hands and ate Mexican food at Marix in WeHo and were spotted by a good friend of mine. It was romance, romance, blah, blah, blah. The same as usual. I'm into him and it's sweet.

Then I went over to my best friend Alanna's house where she had news for me. She ran into my Ex...just FOUR HOURS EARLIER!!!!!

Recap within a Recap: They ran into each other at the Vet, my dogs are now fat, he looks the same, it was difficult for him to ask about how I was doing, my best friend called him out on his bad behavior and he told her to tell me that he said hello.

Alanna and I had cocktails out at the Abbey in the sunshine, talked to an older queen and his black fag hag and then I moved my car, headed back to the Abbey and met up with my friend Brian.

Brian is a set designer who's in town for a show he's working on. He's married to a successful photographer. I had crushes on them both when we met in Louisville, KY last year. Brian and I had Manhattans to celebrate the occasion of seeing each other and then he had to head to an Emmy party. I went home.

Saturday:
My Dad went back into the hospital for a night. I was incredibly angry with him. Then I was angry with my brother. Then I opened up to my friend Nicole about the situation and ended up crying. Then I went to a fabulous party for my friend Emily, who's an interior designer and I danced my ass off. Talked to her friends, saw some of my friends and had an all around glam night, while trying to forget about my dad and his craziness.

Sunday:
Was hungover. Started reading JUST KIDS by Patti Smith at the suggestion of a friend from the party the night before. Dad came home. I've hardly spoken to him.

Monday:
Did a bit of work. Had dinner with my friend Jen, who is also a good friend of the Ex's. Jen's someone who I trust to be straight up and we had a great conversation about everything going on. She was incredibly supportive and understanding of the situation with the Ex. We hadn't seen each other since the break up. We talked a lot about life changes and what happens when you leave a situation that's not good for you. She works for a famous celebrity and it's time to leave. I think it was good that we had that time together.

Then I went over to the Drummer's house. We went out for dinner and came home and had hot amazing sex. It's fun being with him and we are both very excited for this coming weekend.

And that's my recap of the events of the past five days. Quick. Easy. And no boring details.

No comments:

Post a Comment