Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Day Off

Today I just needed to stop.

I had to stop worrying about whether or not this job is going to happen.  If it's one year or three years or starting out at one year, but renewable up to three.  Or if I have what it takes.  Or if my references are the right references.  Or if it's going to affect my relationship.  Or what plays would I teach?  I had to stop.

So I went to the gym.  Then I went to the supermarket.  I caught up on some TV.  I made healthy food: quinoa and tofu.  Then I went to the supermarket again.  And I got potato chips, frozen Snickers ice cream bars, root beer, potato salad and frozen pizza.

I will start my cleanse tomorrow.  Maybe.

I need to really start my new play rewrite tomorrow.  But today I just needed to truly stop.  I was done. My brain hurts.  I have been writing and planning for the future and doing all sorts of shit for a long time.  Now I just need to stop.  Close my eyes.  Relax.  Be lazy.

I haven't done that in a while.  Feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment