Wednesday, May 15, 2013

All In

My materials are all submitted for this teaching job.

Yesterday, I turned in my letter of intent, my CV and three references.  And today I got an email confirming that all of my materials were received.  Now I need to let it go.

I had a lot of inner turmoil when I found out about this job.  On one hand, it was the answer to my prayers.  After Hawaii, I wanted to start on the next chapter in my life.  And this seemed like a big opportunity.  It felt like something I had manifested.  But at the same time, it involves me being out of LA for at least a year.  It feels like a huge risk.  And it's not a done deal.  I don't have the job.  I think I'm the person for it.  But that doesn't mean that I will get it.  

But I do know that if it does happen, that I will be all in.  I will give all of myself because that's the way I approach everything in my life.  But if I've learned anything over the past two and a half years, it is that I need to make sure I'm saving something for myself as well.

I need to make sure that I do these two play rewrites that I have looming over me.  There's a workshop I want to do in July and a reading that might be happening then as well.  So once I'm heading towards production (putting that out into the Universe), I have this musical adaptation I'm working on with a friend who happens to be in San Francisco.  That makes all the sense in the world since I'll be up there. And there's an HBO show that will be shooting there starting in the Fall.  So I have to try to make my way up to the city to poke around.  Jonathan Groff's in the show and it's about contemporary gay life.  So for that reason alone, I need to figure out a way to get up there.

And I just wrote a script that takes place in San Francisco.  So all roads lead to the Bay Area.  Like I said, I am all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment