Thursday, May 9, 2013

What Does It All Mean?

The posting for this teaching job finally went up today.  And it looks like the job is back to being a year (although I have the sneaking suspicion, it's going to be renewable after the first year). 

So what was the point in me thinking it was going to be three years?

Maybe it was about getting me used to the idea of changing my life.  Maybe it was a litmus test of whether or not this was just a passing fancy or something that I really want to commit to.  

But I know I want it.  And I know I will be committed and won't just run out after a year if there's more opportunity.  I guess it also let me know that if it was three years, and indeed a major arc of my life, I would still want it.

It let me know that I've changed what I want in life.  I don't just want to pursue fame and fortune and notoriety, but that I'm actually interested in writing and writers.

So whatever happens, I'm ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment