Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cleanse 2012: Take Two

The theme of my life currently seems to be: "Shedding Weight."

I'm letting go of the things that are holding me down: beliefs, emotions, bad ways of communicating.  I need to cleanse myself again, not just for health this time.  When I tried the cleanse earlier this year it was only to repeat the health effects my cleanse last year had on me.  I tried to do it when I was travelling.  I wasn't committed.  IT didn't work.

Now it needs to be a spiritual, emotional cleansing as well.  My Dad is dying.  I have gained an extra 10 plus pounds in the past few months.  I need to get rid of that.  I need to take care of myself better.  I need to change my energy and focus.  I need to change the way people see me.  I need to change the way I see myself.  I need to be healthier.  I don't think I need to smoke any more, even occasionally.  I need to start running again and doing yoga.  I need to have a healthier balance.  I need to have a better relationship to my body.  I need to have a clearer focus.  I need to have clearer eyes.  I need to have clearer skin.  I need to just be better.

The Drummer is doing his own cleanse at the same time.  We decided that the cleanse will be our gifts to each other as we mark the milestone of one year together.  We just want to be better for each other. 

I'm ready for it.  I'm ready to make a plan.  I'm ready to organize myself and not just my father's health.

It's time.  It will be incredibly healing as I work on my father's transition to the end of his life.  I want to spend some time being quiet and reflective.

No comments:

Post a Comment