Friday, May 11, 2012

The Metaphor is True

Writing teachers love their cliches when it comes to the process of writing.

"It's like giving birth."

"You have to kill your babies."

Yes, it's true.  Writing is like giving birth.  You push really hard.  It's not ready to come out yet.  Then you have to keep pushing.  Despite your struggle, despite your pain, despite the fact that you want to give up.  You just have to push and push and push until it's out. 

That's what I'm in the middle of right now.  I'm pushing. I'm tired.  But I have a few more hours to push if I want to have a healthy fully formed baby by the time I get to rehearsal and not a deformed, half-baked one.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment