Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cousin Douchebag

Throughout all of these enlightened reflections of my Father's death, I almost forgot about Cousin Douchebag.  I was reminded when I read this Facebook post earlier:

If my dad remains in the condition he was this weekend, slow and tired all of the time, he'll die by the end of the year and I'll be back in New Mexico.

Really?  Really, Cousin Douchebag?  It happens that his father is also very sick.  How do I know this?  Because he constantly posts pictures of his sick father drooling on himself on Facebook.  This is the guy who called my Dad up and said:

Hey, Cousin!  I heard you were dying.

Those were the last words he said to my Father.  Cousin Douchebag has a lifetime history of being an idiot.  I had no choice but to reach out to Cousin Douchebag and send this little gem:

Thanks for calling my Dad?

I guess I should be grateful that you called my Dad to wish him well.  And I am.  What I'm not happy about is that you called him to tell him you heard he was dying.

Tactless.  And tacky.


While we know that as a family and are preparing for it, it is not helpful to us to have you blurt it out so carelessly.  I would like to delicately address my displeasure, but I'm afraid you won't get it.


You are a jackass.  


See, I'm nice like my Mother.  But I'm also a little mean like my Grandmother.  I'm protective of my family and especially right now of my Father.


Please don't reach out to apologize.  I don't need it.  I've said my peace.  And frankly, I don't have time to give this another thought.  My energy needs to be directed towards helping my Dad.


I was being so Zen like until I remembered what he said to my Dad a month ago.  It makes me angry because he clearly doesn't understand how sensitive he should be.  He can't even be sensitive enough to refrain from sending pictures to all of his FB friends of his father who is suffering with dementia.  It's sad.

My Uncle took my Dad in after his mother kicked him out of the house at 14.  That's the whole reason he moved out from Hawaii to California, where my Uncle was living at the time.  My Uncle really took my Dad under his wing and helped him out a lot. My Uncle's a great man who deserves so much more than his idiot son.  He deserves dignity and care.  This jackass gives him neither.

I've debated on whether or not I should reach out to my Cousin to tell him what a douchebag he's being.  But I don't really want much to do with him and I don't think he'll get it.  It's horrible what he's doing.  And it makes me feel so bad for my Uncle. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment