Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Disappointments: What Do You Do?

I found out I'm not up for a job I really wanted.

First Reaction: It's Okay.

That's the mature reaction.  Because we all understand that's the mature reaction.  And I agree for the most part.  I want to move on.

Second Reaction: But I Really Wanted It and I would have been great

True.  I have to acknowledge that it's a disappointment and not just brush that under the rug.

Third Reaction: Let's Eat.  Or let's go find attention.  Or let's smoke.  Or let's drink.

I actually am thinking of going to a spa and reading How to Practice: The Way to a Meaningful Life by the Dalai Lama.  I'm feeling a need for peace and quiet and reflection.  But maybe I'll go to the park next store to see what that brings up for me.  Then maybe I'll go to the spa.  Am I just going to the spa to look at naked bodies?  Maybe.  That will make me feel better.  But if I'm looking for reflection and quiet, let me try that without the nudity first.

And if I need the nudity to make me feel better later, then fine.

But I just want to get back to It's Okay after considering all of the other options.

I'm grateful for reflection.
I'm grateful that I know my worth and that it's not defined by this.
I'm grateful that there's more and greater things ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment