Thursday, January 2, 2014

What I am Grateful For

I'm lucky.

I have love in my life.
My best friend Alanna thinks my new play is amazing and that it represents something new for me.
My boyfriend accepts me and thinks I'm worth it, despite me being bossy and demanding.
I have kindness and understanding in my life.
My friend Susan does my tarot cards and helps me figure out where the work needs to be done.
I have a niece that lights up whenever we're together or on Skype or on the phone.
I have a nephew who loves playing with me.
I make them laugh.
I make all of my friends laugh.
I lost 15 pounds last year.
I have a roof over my head.
And money in my pocket.
I am a talented writer.
I graduated from NYU on a full scholarship.
I studied with Erik Ehn as my very first playwriting professor.
I have had people in my life who believe in me, including (but not limited to):
Erik Ehn
Arthur Kopit
Martin Epstein
Richard Wesley
Len Jenkin
Wendy Wasserstein
Tina Howe
Carolyn Silberman
David Popalisky
Ken Hanes
Craig Grella
Caitlin Foito
Jen Berman
I have a large and growing number of students who have enriched my life and who I have touched.
I have a big heart.
I have good hair.
I have real ability, writing talent.
I can cook my ass off.
I took care of my father when he was dying and when he died we didn't have any unresolved issues.
I am grateful for the time taking care of him.
I am grateful for going to bed with the same man every night who holds me and who I hold.
I am respected.
I am cared for.
I am well regarded.
I have a computer that I go to every day and write on.
I am grateful for words, for intentions and for epiphanies.
I am learning great things about myself every day.
I am grateful that I have let the past three years be my teacher and that I continue to let time teach me the things I need to live a great, big, boundless life.

No comments:

Post a Comment