Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ch-ch-cha-changes

"When another door closes, another one opens."

"When you want something, the universe conspires to help you get it."

"Luck is preparation matched with opportunity."

All of these sayings have come to mind lately. As has been written in this blog, I have been out of my relationship for almost a month, since HALLOWEEN. And once you make one change in your life, everything else starts to move. So I apologize for not blogging for a week, but life has been happening.

Where to begin?

Well, I am starting a new job on December 6th, as the assistant to two showrunners who just got a pilot picked up on USA. That went down right before Thanksgiving. The job may take me out of town, if I go with my new bosses on location. And I continue to float around from guest bedroom to guest bedroom. And I will be house and dog sitting during the holidays, so that's terrific.

My biggest complaint and the great mystery that I needed to solve for the longest time was how to get unstuck. I felt completely immobile and it was a problem I didn't know how to solve.

I saw a friend last night for a post-Thanksgiving gathering. She's now married and trying for a baby. I told her I had been thinking a lot about her lately. She was in a relationship that was going nowhere. And I remember she called me in tears about three years ago because she didn't know what to do. She finally ended her relationship with a guy of seven years. And at the time I remember thinking that I would never have the courage to do that. Yes, there were things wrong with my relationship, but if I wanted to leave I didn't think I could. And when all of these wonderful things started happening to her as a result of her changing her life, I hoped the same would happen to me. Except I wanted to keep everything the same. The Universe doesn't work that way.

And here I am now. Four weeks. I have a blog I've gotten behind on. I still haven't told y'all the story of week two, which is the week I really decided to leave. And now I'm at the end of week four. I have no place to live. I'm relying on my friends. I'm starting a new job, which won't last longer than a few months if our pilot doesn't get picked up. I've already applied for other jobs that I never thought I would apply for. My motto is "Change Everything." If I don't like it, I can go back to the things I do like.

But if my life is going through a converter right now, I want to throw as many things in that converter as possible. Because the universe is turning everything to gold. So the more I change, the more gold I will have. I like that philosophy. And I'm sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment