Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lazy Afternoon

It's a lazy afternoon
And the beetle bugs are zooming
And the tulip trees are blooming
And there's not another human in view but us two

It's a lazy afternoon
And the farmer leaves his reaping
In the meadow cows are sleeping
And the speckled trouts stop leaping upstream as we dream

A far pink cloud hangs over a hill
Unfolding like a rose
If you hold my hand and sit real still
You can hear the grass as it grows

It's a hazy afternoon
And I know a place that's quiet except for daisies running riot

And there's no one passing by it to see
Come spend this lazy afternoon with me
Come spend this lazy afternoon with me
Lazy afternoon

It's a hazy afternoon
And I know a place that's quiet except for daisies running riot
And there's no one passing by it to see
Come spend this lazy afternoon with me, with me


Lazy afternoons have been on my mind. You know, those great days where you just spend the day in bed or watch silly movies on the TV. Or having sex. Well, that technically wouldn't be all that lazy because if it's good, you're putting a ton of effort into it. You can always be lazy afterwards.

But one of those days where you just make brunch, maybe head to the farmer's market, give each other backrubs, take a nap and then make dinner. Open up a great bottle of red and go to bed early. That sounds nice.

I don't know if that means I'm ready to be in a relationship again or even to start dating. I love that I'm busy with my play and that I'm taking these great dance classes and that I have time for the gym. I love having time for me. It's really fantastic. It might be nice to have someone to share it with from time to time.. But I'm not really interested in giving myself up to someone again. Ever.

But have I figured out how to have a different relationship?

It probably would be hard to know until I was in another relationship, I guess. But I'm in no rush. Until then...I'll be having my own lazy afternoons or busy afternoons. Whatever I'm in the mood for.

No comments:

Post a Comment