Monday, January 9, 2012

2012 and I'm Back Again

It's a new year.

Teaching consumed most of my time in the past couple of months so I haven't been on here as much. The holidays...a new relationship...there are a million excuses I guess. But the big one is that I've been working and living.

November was all about wrapping up at school. The teaching went well. I think I made an impact on my students lives and I had a great time doing that. I got reacquainted with some of my old professors who were now my colleagues. But the workouts went to the waste side, while the waist expanded a bit. With all of the travelling back and forth and trying to keep up with my Dad's health, it was all a little crazy.

Then in December I went to visit my brother and his family for two weeks and that was really about a complete check out from the rest of my life. The Drummer and I are still together...celebrating six months together in about two days. And that has been amazing. The last update was about how we finally said I love you to each other. And the past two months have been all about love. And kindness and respect. We're still getting to know each other more each day and I think the more we find out about each other, the deeper our love gets. It really is fantastic.

But I had to get away from all of it. My Dad's illness. My boyfriend. The past two and a half months of teaching. I had to totally let it go. So I went to Portland and got back on my workout routine. I ate a lot. Gained some weight. I'm actually at the heaviest I've ever been. The difference is that even though I'm about 180, I'm also in the best shape I've ever been in, in terms of muscle. So since muscle weights more than fat I don't look as big and my waist line isn't as big as when I was 178 five years ago. I was huge then. Well, huge in relative terms I guess. So now I'm in great shape, but I've got a gut because I like to eat.

So because it's the new year and because it's time and because I want to start things fresh...I'm doing my cleanse again. I just started today. And I will chronicle the cleanse the same way I chronicled it last time. I don't even remember what I said last time about it, but I will be documenting my progress every single day.

I have said several times that I was ending this blog because I felt like a certain journey had ended. I met someone wonderful. A year had past since the break up...there were a bunch of reasons to stop. But I think that there are still milestones I want to hit. I haven't gotten that first job as a staff writer on a TV show yet. My first big play hasn't been produced. I haven't gotten married...not that anything is in the works. I don't have those wonderful after photographs yet with the six pack abs. There are a lot of things still left to do. And still excellent ways to improve my life. As time goes on and as things get better, there's more and more to do.

So once again...I'M BACK. Hopefully for a while. But like working out, sometimes I need to take a break and come back to things with renewed energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment