Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cleanse 2012: Day Three

Today is the 6th month anniversary for me and The Drummer. The past six months have been amazing. I'm in love. He's terrific and I think we're continuing to get to know each other as people. But we both feel very fortunate to be together.

We were at the gym today and talking about the changes that we want to make in our lives. We both want to get even more fit than we are. I want to lose some weight and gain some muscle. The Drummer wants do lose some weight, get more cardio, and get bigger. We both want to be hot for each other. But the other thing is that we want to make a commitment to continue to do things with and for each other. So we were in the middle of our workout this afternoon and we both said that we wanted to be in better shape in the next six months.

To commemorate our six months together, I said that we should give ourselves the gift of committing to our health so that when we celebrate a year together, if we're lucky to do so, we should celebrate it in a healthier way than when we started. So to that end, he's going to be doing this cleanse with me, or at least as much as he wants to. It's a significant change to have someone in my life who wants me to be better and also wants to do that with me. And it just means that we have more time to spend together and support each other.

But it also means that we have a goal for our next six months together. I like that as a present to each other: another six months of good health and fitness and time together.

So today we worked out, which was excellent. We did a quick 40 minute full body work out.

My energy is feeling good. I'm not really having any dips in energy. I start cutting out sugar next week, so we'll see how things change then.

I'm not too hungry. I'm dealing with that. And my mood and spirit is great. Feeling good.

Tonight we're going out for Sushi as a celebration of our anniversary. I'm excited to plan what kind of exercise activities we want to do together.

No comments:

Post a Comment