Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cleanse 2012: Day Two

I sat quietly in the Korean Spa, in the HOT steam room, and just meditated. I just let the mind empty out. It was a glorious feeling. I'm drinking tons of water. Just letting all of those toxins out. All of those feelings of doubt and non-useful thoughts out.

Last year, during Day Two of my Cleanse, I had the major caffeine detox. It was awful and I felt horrible. So sick. This year, I don't have the caffeine in my system. So today I felt very clean. I pooped three times. I ate very clean. And I reconnected with my very good friend, Dave, who is a former co-worker.

But the day started with a Skype call with the team that I'm working with on a project that my mentor Erik Ehn wrote that commemorates the Virginia Tech Shootings of five years ago. I am directing five play readings out of the 32 that were written that each represent a person who died that day, April 16th. We had an organizational meeting. It was good to see everyone again, to reconnect to the goings on up at Santa Clara University. All of that productive, encouraging energy came back to me. It was great.

Then I went to see my friend Susan and her new baby. That was wonderful. Just catching up on what's been going on and saying out loud the things I want to accomplish. Incredibly helpful.

Then Dave and I had lunch. Dave's amazing. Really talented at giving great feedback about scripts and story ideas. He's the person I like to bounce things off of. So we talked about everything that has been going on. And this idea that I need to reinvent myself and my work, at least as the TV industry sees me. I'm surrendering to the fact that I don't know what that is yet. But I'm open to letting those revelations come to me and then getting some writing done.

I know that I need to start over in terms of the ideas I've been working on. But that's fine. Just keep moving forward.

Then I went to the Korean Spa for three hours and just steamed, sauna-ed and sat. It was fantastic. Really, really great. I slept for a while and just let myself detox and chill.

Now I'm back at home and recounting the day's events. My energy is good. I'm not tired. My attitude is good and I'm not especially overly hungry. I haven't gotten to the crave stage yet, but maybe I won't. I'm just enjoying being clean. No exercise today. I will pick back up with an intense hump day workout tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment