Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dancing on my Own

I don't have a problem spending time alone. I kind of like it. I love going to the movies by myself. And I'll go to a coffee shop and read alone. And I don't mind going out to a bar by myself, usually I don't stay long. But it's kind of fun. Although it can get kind of lonely pretty quickly.

But when I went on the MJ's website (MJ's is a gay bar in Silverlake), I saw that there was a Sunday morning dance party called CHURCH. I thought that sounded interesting. I love the idea that you can grab your coffee and a donut, then go dancing at a club that's open from 6am-12noon. And in perfect time for brunch. I love that!

So I went over at 8:30, saw a guy who was clearly tripping on something, and paid my money to go in. It was pitch dark when I got inside. Looked a bit dirty. I was able to order a greyhound, which was fantastic. And here's the thing that was genius about this whole idea of a morning dance party. People are on their drugs and are dancing by themselves. I LOVE dancing by myself. I always feel weird at a club when I want to go dance on my own and people are looking at me like I'm a nut case. But when you're on drugs, you don't give a shit! So I even took my shirt off! I felt free to do so! I haven't taken my shirt off at a club in years. But why not? The druggies aren't going to notice!

IT wasn't as sketchy as my friends had warned me it might be. I didn't see any tweakers. I just saw people who were out to have a good time. It actually felt communial and great. There wasn't a lot of attendance, but it was a blast. And I was done by 11 am. So I got 2 1/2 hours of cardio in before I went to the gym. I took care of my body, danced my ass off ON MY OWN and then went to the gym on my own.

Then I went and had a huge pastrami sandwich at a root beer on my own, which is a good thing because I wolfed it down. It was not pretty. I wouldn't want to be with anyone else.

All in all, a great Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment