Thursday, January 20, 2011

Now I'm NOT Following You

I've been talking about my own empowerment and self improvement for months. And some of it is partially bullshit because I've been doing something that I haven't told people about. No, I'm not sleeping with my ex.

I'M FOLLOWING HIM ON TWITTER.

Or I was as of this morning. There is more good fortune to come and I'm blocking it by having him in my life. Even as a prescence in 140 characters. So I decided to UNFOLLOW him. I only thought it appropriate because he had DEFRIENDED me.

Look at these new terms we have in our language. Un-follow. De-friend. We're becoming a culture of indian givers. What are we going to start taking back next?

"I'm taking back the gift of life. I un-birth you."

"You've disappointed me. I de-trust you."

"That really sucked. You've been un-fucked."

I don't mean to be so dismissive. But it's so easy to take things back. And some may argue that this stems from the speed and ease in which we un-marry. Divorce ain't easy. I'll tell you right now. I'm a single lady these days. With some success. I'm going out on dates with someone I like. But I don't know if I'm ready. And I don't want to be unfair to him.

I was telling my friend Steve that if it was six months from now, I would have no problem dating New Haven. I would have felt like I had enough separation and enough single time.

But what single time do I need? I've already fucked everyone in LA and NYC. Who else is there to fuck?

Okay, that's an exaggeration. But it's just fun to say. Seriously. It's an exaggeration. I have not fucked everyone in NYC and LA. And it's not about "growing up." I'm grown up. I just have had numerous sexual experiences, which might make their way into a future book. Oh, the orgies I've had.

maybe that's the title of the book. :)

I'm a clean, safe healthy guy. And once that's taken care of, I feel that there are many things two or three or four or more consenting adults can do. And I'm not going to be ashamed of that any more. My ex used to get embarrassed when I talked about my sexual past. And I always said to him, "Listen, I'm not doing anything I'm embarrassed or ashamed to talk about. And if I was, I shouldn't have done it in the first place." That's how I want to live my life. I've had enough misery.

And I let go of a little bit more of it today. Exactly 140 characters worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment