Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Preview

This is why I'm going to enjoy my date tonight with New Haven. I'm going to come in and say, "Hey New Haven, I just watched the Fran Liebowitz documentary that Martin Scorese directed for HBO." And he won't say, "Who?"

I enjoy a backroom blowjob as much as the next guy. But if you really want to turn me on, stimulate my brain. Let me talk about Fran Liebowitz! Boner alert!

I'm so fucking serious. There was that guy on Top Chef who had a Culinary Boner. I have literary boners. Intellectual boners. Theatrical boners. Well, that one cuts both ways. I've had boners that were pretty theatrical. In nature. And sometimes while I was in nature. But I get it up for things that make their way to my brain. And while New Haven has the most lucious head of hair and pinchable cheeks and sexy voice, what really gets me is his use of french phrases I marginally understand.
Such as Raison d'etre or fin de sicle.

We have this date planned (and now I'm getting in the practice of explaining what the date should be before the actual date - a preview vs. a review. It's safer that way). We're going to the Arclight to see the Green Hornet. I won't even go into the subtext of us going to see a movie starring Seth Rogen and some Asian dude. But that's the choice, which I'm fully on board for. Trust me, there will be some on going joke that will serve as a runner throughout the evening on that very subject.

We're going to the Arclight and we're meeting up at 7. We will then go to the Arclight cafe where we will be asked what time our movie is: 8:20. And then we will sit down and enjoy the predictable fare at the Arclight Cafe until 8:10. We'll walk up or down to the theatre. Then I'll have to get snacks. I will probably tell New Haven that he is not allowed to have any of my popcorn because of his diet. He'll try to fight me on it. And then we'll go to our seats.

Okay, so do we seem like an old married couple. No. An old married couple would be bickering more. I'm being (or will be) politely bossy. There's a difference. I'm not going to nag. I'm not going to bring it up next Tuesday at bridge with the Mendelsons. And I might give him a handjob in the movie theatre depending on how boring it is and how adventurous I feel.

And for any provincial people out there, in MY world Fran Liebowitz exists right next to the guy giving handjobs in the movie theatre. And in this scenario that would make my world New York City circa 1977.

No comments:

Post a Comment