Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cleanse: Day Ten

All right. So I'm half way through this cleanse. And it has brought up a lot of stuff for me. I've been pretty emotional this whole time. Lots and lots of crying. Part of it is that I've been watching THE BIGGEST LOSER, which I love BECAUSE it makes me cry. But a lot of it also has to do with all of this purging that's happening.

My body is functioning in a pretty regular, healthy way. I kind of dig it. I'm pooping on schedule. My appetite is actually starting to calm down. I'm only eating when I'm hungry, but not when I'm starved.

I wonder what I'm going to take with me when I'm done. I really love cheese, although I'm not missing it right now. The booze hasn't been an issue. I think it's really getting to the core of this whole comfort thing for me. What does food mean to me on a comfort level. What is comfort food for me if I'm eating healthy?

I love Jap Chae, which is this Korean noodle dish. And it's got rice noodles and veggies. That's comforting to me. Actually a lot of Korean food comforts me. Like Kim Chee. Tofu can be comforting. I just saw this textured vegetable protein at Ralphs that I might try to make and put in dishes. Like chili or a veggie meat sauce for pasta.

I'm thinking about a quinoa dish I want to make when I get home. That'll be comforting.

It's all about changing my definition of what's comforting. Soups. Soups are comforting and a lot of them I can make without dairy. Chow fun. That's another rice noodle dish I love. It actually might be my favorite chinese noodle dish. I love Pad Thai. So basically the conclusion is that I love rice noodles, which I'm able to have on this cleanse.

I do love a roast chicken and that can be pretty healthy.

For me, food is love. I cook to show people I love them. So maybe it's less about being comforted and more about experiencing love, experiencing ingredients and freshness.

Now I'm hungry. But today went pretty well. I had steel oats, dried cherries and almonds for breakfast. So, so, so delish. Who knew I'd love that stuff? I don't even add sweetener because I don't typically have a sweet tooth. The cherries and the freeze dried blueberries are enough. And almonds for texture. So great. I have this great corn salad and avocado salad I made last night. And I ate some more chili. Tried to keep my portions in line. That's the hardest thing for me. But I seem to be staying lean, so that's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment