Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Power of Words

The Kabbalists believe that you only get a certain amount of words in your life and when they've run out, you're done. Like Twitter. I say this as I type more words as fast I can.

I believe the lesson is to choose your words carefully. They carry great power. Words reveal the little messages we send to ourselves every day. There are lots of negative messages we send to ourselves every day that really color how we feel about ourselves.

I'm trying to eat cleaner and I'm trying to live and act cleaner as well. It's a real journey, this whole cleanse thing. It has left me with a consciousness that I didn't really have before. An awareness. And that has lead to living in the moment. If I'm constantly paying attention to what I'm doing and choosing actively and carefully, I'm living in the moment.

And for me, since I am a wordsmith, it starts with words. My words are the gateway to my soul.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting thought. I'm also very much a person for whom words are so important. No doubt, though, that speaking less and listening, thinking, and being quiet more would be of benefit.

    ReplyDelete