Saturday, March 12, 2011

Getting Older

I'm pretty sure I'm an old person. I love being in bed at night. Curling up and relaxing, putting my feet up. It's 9:30 pm on a Saturday and I'm ready to go to bed. Seriously. I can't think of any good reason to be up, other than to write my blog entry.

I also like eating early. I would have dinner at 5 pm if I could. I'm a fan of an early bird special.

And now that I'm on this cleanse and I haven't been drinking (haven't even craved a drink the whole time), I am surrendering to the fact that frankly my better feels better and functions better without booze. My friend Nicole and I were taking about it after yoga today. And that does affirm our journey into old age.

I find myself thinking of ways to keep my body and mind functioning so that I'm healthy 20, 30, 40, 50 years from now. Nicole and I did yoga at the studio she goes to. It's great to feel my body do things it couldn't do in college. My friend Tony when he was in town said that yoga has changed his life and that it's the only exercise he does. He's a short little powerhouse, so his body would really bulk up if he lifted. His yoga body looks like everyone else's gym body.

I have to actually do cardio now. I didn't have to do cardio when I was younger. When I was dancing 2 hours a day in college, I couldn't keep weight on. And now I run, take hip hop classes, do yoga and get a little kickboxing in when I can. It's definitely a lot more interesting than just working out.

And getting older has made me care more about my body because I know it doesn't work like it used to. And I basically don't want anything else to break down.

I can't believe I'm thinking of actually giving up booze. And caffeine.

I know I'm trying to slow down the effects of aging. People have been saying that my skin looks the best it has looked in years. And I can't really argue with that. I need to stop taking my body for granted and start taking care of it.

Wow. Can't believe I'm saying that. I sound so old.

No comments:

Post a Comment