Monday, March 28, 2011

The Handsome Brit Saga Continues

Now I've changed my workout routine so that I can run into the Handsome Brit every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I'm at the gym. And I still haven't had the guts to find out if he's gay or straight and if he'd go out to drinks with me.

This was today's interaction:

First of all, I had a brilliant workout this morning. Chest and Back. I pushed up. I pulled down. I did it all. And I was sore at the end.

So when I finish up I get shower and come back into the locker room. And there he is, the Handsome Brit. Looking adorable and clean. We chatted it up a bit. He told me about his busy weekend which was packed. I told him about my weekend, which was delightfully not. I did mention that I met up with some mates for cocktails at Cecconi's.

NOTE: I'm noticing that I'm starting to speak with a bit of a British lilt here, which I made the mistake of doing once when I went in for a job interview. I think it's just a nervous thing, but half way through the interview with these Brits where I would come on board as their writers' assistant, I started saying things like "cheerio." I didn't get the job because they thought I was mocking them, I'm sure.

HB mentions that he went shooting this weekend, which he's starting to get into. So that's when I start to wonder if he is gay or just British. Hopefully both. Then he mentions he went to a few clubs over the weekend. I asked him where and he said he went to The Colony, which might lean towards straight. I know, I'm sixteen years old, I like a guy and I'm trying to figure out which side he butters his bread on. Aren't I past this?

He's just super foxy and I'm being a baby. He has seen me twice without my shirt on and a towel wrapped around myself. Hopefully that's not turning him off.

I also imagine that maybe he has his own blog where he's writing about the Strange Ethnically Ambiguous Mulatto he runs into at the gym from time to time.

"Saw the SEAM today. What an odd duck."

I probably like the drama, but I would like even more to grab a beer somewhere. What's stopping me? I clearly have no problem picking up guys at the gym. Maybe he's the fantasy guy I've never been with yet. He's British, cheeky, blond, and probably pretty funny. He fancies a Pimm's Cup. Has a cute scrunchy expression on his face like Hugh Grant.

I think he's too good for me.

Well, for that reason alone I need to make a move. Okay...tune in on Wednesday. I'm going on and I'm going to report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment