Sunday, March 27, 2011

Wishes Come True

I got my secret not so secret wish today when I was out.

I ran into the ex.

But I didn't know it. I was out at the restaurant we used to go to all of the time with my friends Steve, Cynthia and Anna for a civilized afternoon cocktail. Then we went up the street for a not so civilized excursion to the gayborhood. It was there, that I ran into the ex. But I didn't realize it because I was talking to my friends and fully engaged in our conversation.

It wasn't until we got to the bar, that my friend Steve admitted to me that he saw my ex with another friend of ours when we passed by the ATM machine. The ex saw me and turned around immediately (much like Miranda in the Sex and the City Season Two Finale when she runs into Steve and runs off). He told our friend that he saw me and the friend looked over as well. I didn't have a clue.

Once I made sure with Steve that I looked good and happy, I realized that I was happy he didn't see me and that we didn't have any sort of confrontation. As long as I looked good, I didn't really care. Yes, I've been making sure I look good when I go out in all of the usual places. But I didn't want to be caught off guard.

I know I haven't moved on. But I also know that this sighting is helping me to. Because not only did I look good and happy. I am good and happy. And that's a better feeling than realizing that the ex boyfriend saw me that way.

1 comment:

  1. I suspect you have nothing to worry about. You'll look good and project the kind of confidence that will make an ex wither any day of the week, right?

    ReplyDelete