Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Friendly Reminder

I had drinks with my friend Bradley last night, who's an agent in town. We get together usually once or twice a year just to catch up and really for me to make yet another pitch to him why I should be his client. Yes, it could be perceived as desperate. And usually, it is.

But last night was actually good. It was good to touch base with Bradley since he hasn't seen me since the breakup. And we were catching up, but he kept saying, "This is about you." Whenever we went on a tangent, he would keep bringing it back to me and what I want. And over the years where we would do this annual event, this is the first time I was really clear about what I wanted and how to get it.

There's something inside of me that's not holding back. Even in saying how much I'm missing my ex, but I think that's even happening for a reason. He's in my face, in my dreams, in my thoughts all of the time so I can affirm to myself EVERY DAY - "that was not the right relationship for me. I'm in a much better place now. And this is where I need to stay." It's a Daily Reminder. And for that, I have to be grateful because I need to think of it and reaffirm my commitment to myself every day. It's like I'm an alcoholic. Well, I'm a [my ex's name]-aholic.

And like Bradley always does, he motivates me. And he shared some great info on a show that's looking for writers on my level. And he's reading my material. And he didn't try to pass me off on someone else this time, which I think is more a reflection on me than on him. I wasn't putting it all out there before. And now I'm am putting it ALL out there, even the kitchen sink. Because that's the only way I'm going to gain big.

And I do need more people saying to me, "You look great. You look so much better." That's exactly what I need to hear right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment