Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cleanse: Day Twenty

The penultimate episode.

So as I mentioned briefly in the last post, my friend Nicole and I took a one hour and 45 minute yoga class today. We're trying to make more time for each other and this yoga class is a good thing. I'm finding that I need to make activity dates with friends because otherwise it's hard to get together. This is a part of her Saturday routine and now I'm a part of it. My friend Susan and I have a similar arrangement for Sunday morning runs, although she's now in SF for six weeks. I have to get my ass up and start doing that on my own.

I don't think I've ever felt my body engage in a yoga class as much as I have today. I know my body's flexible naturally - this is yet another thing about getting older, I have to worry about my flexibility. But I'm also aware that I have to engage my body in ways that keep it from injury. I have a focus in my yoga practice that I haven't had before. Part of that started when Nicole and I went to class a month ago and I took class with a woman who discussed the power of Will (See the Blog titled "Will is a Powerful Thing). That has stuck with me since then. I still haven't mastered Crow pose, but that seems like something I want to do. And a headstand is on my list as well.

I'm feeling leaner than I have in a long time. I'm feeling taller as well, even though I know I haven't grown. My friend Dan told me I got taller (or he told me I was taller than I thought I was). Maybe the breakup has made me taller. My ex is 2 inches shorter than me (but maybe now 3), so perhaps I was always used to appearing shorter.

I don't feel like I'm dying for this cleanse to be over, even though I'd like something creamy. I did have a bit of a hankering for ice cream today. But I need to take the dairy thing very easy. Susan over did it a couple of weeks ago and paid for it. Although I think she's got a lactose thing anyway. I think that's a good way to end this thing. Not where I can't wait for this to be over and I'm counting the minutes.

But I do need to make a plan and a menu eating starting tomorrow. It's going to be a great new beginning. I'm excited to start putting meals together. Because, as we've discussed, I find lots of comfort in food.

No comments:

Post a Comment