Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cleanse: Days Seventeen and Eighteen

I'm closing in on this thing. Here's a list of the things I've given up:

RED MEAT
TURKEY
PORK
FRIED FOODS
PAN-FRYING FOODS
DAIRY
SUGAR
WHEAT/WHITE FLOUR
CHICKEN
SOY
SEAFOOD
ALCOHOL
TOBACCO
CAFFEINE

Out of the things on that list, what do I think I could continue to live without?

RED MEAT - yes, except for the occasional burger and steak.
TURKEY - yes, cold cuts. But I need turkey meatballs, turkey as a sub for ground beef, and roast turkey on thanksgiving. but I can for sure do without cold cuts.
PORK - no, I love bacon; I love pork chops, pork dumplings, but I don't need them ALL OF THE TIME.
FRIED FOODS - I can definitely cut down, but occasionally I need pomme frites.
PAN-FRYING FOODS - no, I love crisp oil fried things
DAIRY - no, I love cheese, but I don't have to have cheese on EVERYTHING. I love cheeses, but I don't have to have cheeseburgers or cheese on my tacos. Lasagna would be hard to give up.
SUGAR - yes, for the most part
WHEAT/WHITE FLOUR - yes, I could go to sprouted grain breads
CHICKEN - no
SOY - yes
SEAFOOD - no
ALCOHOL - cut down
TOBACCO - yes
CAFFEINE - yes

But my dependence on food to just make me feel better is diminishing. I will be having corned beef on St. Patty's Day because I make a killer corned beef (boil w/ cloves, cinnamon sticks and maybe a little OJ). Roasted brussels instead of cabbage and/or a red cabbage slaw. No potatoes. But sandwiches for sure. great mustard. great horseradish. And homemade corned beef hash and poached eggs for breakfast.

Okay, next subject. I am still on this cleanse.

I think I'm going to walk away from this cleanse taking better care of myself and I hope that will extend into every aspect of my life. Every moment is precious and should not be an empty calorie. If I'm not letting my body process empty calories and expend energy on useless food, then I shouldn't allow the same thing in my life. I know I've been talking the talk alot lately. So how to put that into action?

I have to get out of my head. I have to start doing what I want to do. I have to put myself first. I got rid of the boyfriend, got rid of the old job and started fresh for a reason. I'm not about to put up the same play in a different city. It's a new play, in a new place and time.

I've got three more days. Time to make the most of them. More cardio. More nutrition. More strength training. More writing. More doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment