Monday, March 7, 2011

The Fog Is Lifting

Is the fog lifting?

I seem to be making this adjustment to spending time alone. I always used to think that I never had a problem being by myself. Well, that was when I was in a stifling relationship where getting a few hours while the ex was still at work or having some time alone by myself watching Bravo in the home office was the only alone time I got. I used to love being alone because I hardly had a moment to myself.

And now, that's my life. I am alone. I am doing stuff by myself. And now that the dust has settled, I now have to make an effort to see people and do things. I have to make more of an effort to be social. See, I've always been a social person. But with the boyfriend, we had a million social obligations every weekend. He used to say this funny thing when I tried to make plans for the weekend, "I don't want any plans. My whole life is about plans and schedules." Well, that was funny because when it came to the weekend, we often had lots of things that he had planned. So I guess he just hated when I planned things. Water under the bridge. Not really.

I enjoy the quiet time, but I think I need to start filling my days with things that are fun for me. Like nighttime exercise classes or movies at LACMA or the museum in general. I think I need to rediscover fun things to do in LA. There was a list somewhere of activities and things I wanted to do over the weekend. We tried to keep a list of things we wanted to check out and explore. But somehow we never really got to the list. I should go fish that out and start doing those things. Because that was MY list of things that I wanted to do instead of all the bullshit things we would do, like go to the bars weekend after weekend.

So I guess I have a list...of things I've ALWAYS wanted to do. All right! Time to go tackle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment