Friday, March 25, 2011

So Now What?

I'm back!

Wait, let me say that louder:

I'M BACK

I'M BACK.

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!


So now what?

Is this the time in Sprockets where we dance?

I have reached some exhaustion in terms of talking and thinking about the ex-boyfriend. Although he has been coming up in my dreams lately. Probably because I've been talking about him so much!

I went to an event for the entertainment alumni association for the university where I did my undergraduate studies. Crazy. And I was with a friend of mine who I hadn't seen in a long time. We went to school together, but she also knew my ex because she used to work for the company he used to be a part of. So we go way, way back. And she knew about the issues going on in the relationship. And then we went through the whole breakup in graphic detail.

I had also done this last Saturday at the art show. I had to stand there talking to a friend of his and go on and on about how it's better. And I listened to his advice and I nodded. And even then, I thought, "I can't do this anymore."

Which is coincidentally how I felt when I broke up with the ex.

So onto Chapter 2 or 4 or 7 or 10.

And what is that exactly?

I just watched a You Tube Video that a friend shared that seemed like a joke. But it was this guy, this "poet" (I use the term loosely) who has this collection coming out called CHELSEA BOY. And it's all about how it's an experience and not a label. And he read excerpts from his book of poetry. It's all so strange and I'm convinced that it's a joke. But if it's not...then I need to get to writing. If this guy can public a collection of POEMS about being a DRUG USER, PARTIER, SUPERFICIAL CHELSEA BOY, then I can do more. With this blog. With my other writing projects.

I've been incredibly proactive since I broke up with the ex. It was just what the doctor ordered. :) I have been setting up drinks with agents, writing in all of my free time, trying to put into action the next step. And in thinking about that, I feel I need some more structure to this blog. I'm not sure what form that's going to take.

I'm going to keep writing it, my trusty 11 followers. But for me, it needs to have more of a format. It needs to be more than JUST the ramblings of a single man living in Los Angeles. Maybe that's because my life needs to now take on more of a format. I broke up with a guy. I felt the freedom that came with that - the thrill and exhilaration. And now I'm left with my life, which has been seeming pretty boring lately. I'm glad that I'm working out and that I'm getting my body in order. And I certainly have order there. But now I want more.

Not sure what that is yet. Stay tuned.

I feel like this is the end of a BIGGEST LOSER episode.

"Next, see the Biggest Loser Transformation Moment..."

Next time you see me America, I'll be the Blog I've always wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment