Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week Three's Menu

This is week three of my cleanse and I'm cooking tonight. I'm going to cook and catch up on my Podcasts.

Here's what's on the menu:

THE TREATMENT - David O'Russell, David Cianfrance
SPILLED MILK (a great cooking podcast that takes one subject per episode) - Salad Dressings, Heirloom Tomatoes, Corn off The Cob, Burgers, Chicken Stock
THE SPORKFUL (another great cooking podcast that takes a subject per episode) - Ice Cream Toppings, Thanksgiving, Oatmeal, French Fry Toppings, Pizza, Watermelon, Labor Day Cook Out Spectacular (I've got a lot of catching up to do)

So onto this week's menu. I went to the Korean Market near the house and got lots of fresh produce. But I also have some things I need to cook up.

Mushrooms - I got some oysters and enokis along with regular button mushrooms. I'm thinking I will be doing a very broth based soup with these mushrooms. Onions, herbs, mushrooms, garlic. And if I want to reheat and add some protein, I'll add in a poached egg. Yum!

Jap Chae - I got some premade glass noodles and spinach from the market. The price is right and it's delish! This is when I need a little comfort and when I need something quick and easy.

Corn, Black Beans and Butternut Squash (frozen) - I'm making a salad from this stuff. With a little jalapeno added in.

Fish - I'm having fish for dinner tonight because it's the last night I can have it until I go totally vegan for the week.

I'm got quinoa and butternut squash on the cue for the rest of the week. Yummy Yummers! Taking care of myself with some delish food! Love it!

Just thought I'd share. Delish in a dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment