Monday, February 28, 2011

Cleanse: Day Eight

I'm fucking eating everything in sight. And I say that "I'm cleansing", so who cares if I eat all of the barley and homemade black bean chili in the world because at least I'm not having ONE BITE of pork belly!

Oh, God! I just watched The Food Network's DINERS, DRIVE INS AND DIVES and I want pork belly. I want a pizzette w/ homemade sausage and smoked slaw. I want a burger!

I shouldn't be watching Triple D. Clearly.

I need to be getting more cardio into my diet because before my three day alcohol binge w/ my friend Tony who was in town from NYC, I was looking good. I do think I'm eating too much because my psyllium powder has been curbing my hunger throughout the day. But I'm in the habit of eating. I think I eat when I'm bored. I was doing that a lot yesterday. And even though it's "cleanse approved", I don't think the creators of this thing intended me to eat an entire tray of five layer dip.

I think it's great that I'm watching everything I eat. I think that being aware of what I put into my body is a great thing. And it's a habit I want to make in these 21 days. I just need to commit to it. I have all of this renewed energy and it seems to be going in the wrong places. I have to be acutely aware of where the "empty calories" are in my life. The ways I spend my energy towards something that does not bring me back something in return. The activities that have no nutritional value for me.

I'm getting reflective. I guess the cleanse is taking its effect. Even if I'm not seeing it in killer abs. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment