Monday, February 28, 2011

Cleanse: Day Seven (late)

I'm realizing how much I love cheese and things that bring me warmth and comfort. It's cold out and I really need to eat something that makes me feel warm yummy goodness.

By no means am I depriving myself of good food and flavors, but I think I could do better with food that makes me excited. I need more food that's of the stick to your ribs variety.

And dairy is that for me in a lot of ways. I love yogurt and I love cheese. I love things that are creamy. So on the eve of Week Two, I realize how dependent I am on those things. It's good to have that awareness for sure.

I made this five layer dip, which was fine, except it could have used some real crunchy chips. I got these baked multigrain chips from Fresh and Easy which were like cardboard versions of Sun Chips. They were a huge miss.

My meatballs stunk. I had to add so much breadcrumbs to them that they weren't really meatballs anymore. They were dense and flavorless. They filled my stomach like a matzo ball, but they weren't great. The homemade ketchup I made was delicious and had me craving french fries.

I can have seafood this week, so I'm going to try and focus on having yummy seafood. Maybe I'll poach some fish this week. Something healthy. I can also go to my local Korean market and get sashimi pretty cheap. But I know I'll want something warm with veggies that have olive oil drizzled on them. I need hearty!

Right now I'm just feeling like I'm missing something. So either my waistline needs to start shrinking a lot this week without the chicken, white and wheat flour and pan fried foods, or I'm going to have to find heartier things to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment