Monday, February 21, 2011

Cleanse: Day One

A friend suggested I do a poo journal. I just wanted to say upfront that I will be sparing you from knowing my updated poo status.

I'm going to break my daily status into a few categories, so it's clear what's going on with my body from the get-go. Then if you want to continue and read my clever reflections, you can continue on. :)

ENERGY: medium
HUNGER: low, except when went to run errands and ran out of energy around 5.
EXERCISE: p90X Chest, Shoulders and Tri Workout
ATTITUDE: great, except for one small moment, which I'll explain separately

So I woke up and started my routine this morning. Psyllium husk powder mixed with water first thing in the morning. That's basically "Colon Cleanse." Someone said that it'll make me fart like crazy, that hasn't happened yet. And it never happened the other times I used psyllium. I might update you on my gas schedule.

Then I had some hard boiled eggs and this cabbage salad I made for breakfast. I actually just realized that I was way less gassy than I usually am. I'm usually a total gas tank. Did my grocery shopping for the week and I just finished making food for the week. I'm organized.

I worked out then came home and made one of my favorite meals: tostadas. I found a baked premade corn tortilla shell from the Mexican supermarket in the hood. Piled on some black beans, lettuce, that vinegared slaw I made, guacamole and salsa. Felt healthy, light, filling and it looked pretty. In order for me to stick to this cleanse, all of my meals need to hit that criteria.

Ran around, went to the Korean Spa and came home and cooked for a couple of hours. My energy is low. I haven't had caffeine. No headaches, but I could have more energy. However, I will say this. My energy hasn't plummeted. It never spiked and it never took a dip. So I just had a general yawny attitude all day. Nothing horrible. Hopefully my energy will come back tomorrow.

And there you have it. No big thing. Oh, here's the food I made:

Chicken Breasts marinaded in a Wet Adobo and baked
Black beans made fresh - using in black bean patties I'll make tomorrow morning.
Red cabbage slaw - no mayo, only red wine vinegar and oil. Looks pretty.
Quinoa w/ spinach, red peppers, roasted brussel sprouts, roasted onions, cranberries, and dressed in olive oil and lemon. Would have added toasted almonds to that if I had remembered to get them.

And that should get me through at least half the week. I have a canellini bean dish planned, salads, a vegan chili and maybe a roast chicken for the rest of the week if I need it.

I'm eating a good amount. I'm interested to see if I start taking weight off. Will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment