Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cleanse: Day Five

ENERGY: High

Lots of energy today. It seems like my energy is leveling off. I'm not getting too tired throughout the day. I seem to have in general a pretty good level of sustained energy. No big peaks or valleys.

HUNGER: Low
I had my oatmeal this morning. I think the combo of the psyllium and the oatmeal is helping curb my hunger. My constant need to snack is gone. I snack in between meals when I'm hungry, but it's not overboard.

ATTITUDE: Good, then sad
The good part is that I'm getting shit done and feeling great. The sad part I described in the blog "A Good Cry." Because I had a great cry. A great big, fat, ugly, hard to speak through cry. And I feel better for the most part.

EXERCISE: P90X Legs and Back
Grrr. I love this work out. It allows me to do tons of pull ups and chin ups and then there are the leg exercises. The "super skater", the "wall squats", the "groucho walks", the three way lunge (my friend Tim used to try to do these with me and then felt like he couldn't accomplish them fully because he didn't have a dancer's background - actually that was his excuse when he didn't want to exercise). It does feel dancerly and I can feel that my core is much stronger and my alignment is better than when I used to do these exercises. It feels great. I'm feeling accomplished - little did I know that this super achievement was just to mask my sadness and that I'd shut the door to my office and start crying later. But at least I didn't cry at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment