Monday, February 14, 2011

Not so Pollo

Maybe it's because it's Valentine's Day, but I got a little courage this morning at the gym.

I saw the Handsome Brit again this morning. I actually saw him last Wednesday, but I didn't want to admit that I had totally pussed out again. I said hello and smiled shyly, then put my head down and finished my workout.

But this morning was different.

I went to the gym this morning and wasn't really feeling my workout at all. I had a lot to drink on Saturday night for my birthday. Actually, I didn't have that much to drink, but I think I've been drinking so little lately and working out that my tolerance has seriously diminished. So I'm struggling because of the booze and probably because I've been overdoing the gym lately. I'm doing the second half of my workout and I'm really HATING myself. I don't have the energy. I'm doing less pushups and pull ups. I'm thinking of leaving early and just giving up. It didn't feel like a good day.

Then I look up and see Handsome Brit. He turns around and sees me. He smiles and waves. And it wasn't a "bro wave" or a head nod. It might be a British foppish, dandy wave and therefore totally heterosexual. But, let's just for argument's sake and the sake of entertainment, that it was a cute gay wave with the fingers waving. Okay, that might have just been me. I gave a little wink, a dancing finger wave and flashed my pearly whites. I might as well have been wearing mink eyelashes and rhinestones as beauty marks. And even though I didn't say anything in those two seconds, my eyes were saying "Hey, girl!" with a megaphone. It was a gay moment.

And just like that, I had TONS of energy to finish my workout. I couldn't stop smiling and I just killed the rest of my workout. I am so gay. And when I say gay, I don't mean man-loving, I mean dumb. Apologies to the HRC and the PC-police. But since people have called me gay (meaning stupid) over the years, I feel I can at least reclaim it once. I'm a silly bird. Oh, look! I'm using British colloquialisms.

So after I showered and headed out the door to the gym, Handsome Brit was in his towel, about to put his clothes on. I turned down my wave energy and said hello. Then I turned back and asked him his name. We shook hands in a manly fashion. I tried not to look to see how big the bulge was under the towel. Then he asked me how often I come to the gym. I said I'm pretty much there every day (although now I'm just going to the one near my office on Tuesdays and Thursdays). He mentioned that he was there on alternate days: Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. I could read into that. And since I have been reading into it since I left the gym, I won't continue to do so here.

A little more chatting about working out and how he's switching trainers, etc. And then I made my graceful exit before I blurted something silly out like:

"Happy Valentine's Day!"

That would have been embarrassing. But admittedly, totally in character for me.

He's my gym crush. And he's got a handsome face and a cute body. We'll see if it goes anywhere from there. But if he does fancy me, he's giving clear signals. If he's not, then I'm delusional. It wouldn't be the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment