Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cleanse: Day Two, Part I

I have a headache.

Uh, I really think this caffeine thing is getting to me. Actually, my friend Susan said it might be the toxins leaving my body. Like after a massage. So I guess I just need to drink shitloads of water.

I just went and got more water. I'm supposed to drink something like eight 12 oz glasses a day or twelve 8 oz glasses--ugh, my brain is leaving me. I'm all achey. Good thing I'm not really around people most of the day. I'm feeling bitchy.

Well...it IS a detox. And while I'm not on drugs, I guess they're not supposed to feel good. If I was really good, I'd decide to go on a run or do something really healthy and physical this afternoon. But I'm not that good. Maybe later, but right now I just want to scream.

Susan also told me asked me earlier today why I hadn't Facebooked the news about being a semi-finalist for the O'Neill. Or AT the O'Neill. I'm not sure what the proper terminology is. I guess I thought that until it was official and I wasn't in, that it really wasn't news.

She put it on my wall as we were speaking. She wasn't about to let me get away with that. You have to celebrate every success, she said. I did this when I got into NYU too. I didn't want to make it a big deal. I felt like I couldn't enjoy it or celebrate. Well, maybe that's why these things aren't happening. I'm not putting the energy out that I'd appreciate or value them.

That's another thing to detox out of my system, then...isn't it.

I forgot the categories I'm supposed to update because my head hurts so damn much, but here's my attempt:

ENERGY: low (LOW)
ATTITUDE: Poor
MOOD: Bad
And whatever else the fourth category was: 4

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment