Thursday, February 10, 2011

Gym Observances

I wish I had my camera at the gym this morning. But I guess if I took pictures at the gym on my phone, it would be in the locker room. Plonk!

But this is what was so hilarious. The gym I go to on some mornings, if I'm working out close to work, is the LA Fitness near Universal. There's an out door pool. So there I am, getting my push ups and pull ups on, on the second floor of the gym. Across the parking lot is the outdoor pool and I see a guy come out of the gate in a towel and nothing else. Then he gets into his Toyota SUV and drives off! Solomente in a towel! I laughed so hard I had to stop doing pull ups for risk of hurting myself. Either my sides from laughing so hard or I was afraid I'd let go of the pullup bar and fall off.

While we're on the subject of gym observances, nothing makes me laugh more than the guys who take themselves SO SERIOUSLY at the gym. They all into a few categories:

* The Meatheads - the Meatheads are all serious. The workout thing is their J-O-B. So they come with their tank tops that barely cover their nipples or they come in really baggy clothes that make them look like Biggest Loser contestants. And they don't care if you are in their space or not, they will lift a weight and almost knock you out if you are too close. They are not afraid to clip your ass, as someone almost did to me this morning.

* The Actors - The Actors are too pretty to look at you. OR they address you as "bro", "dude", or "boss." And oddly enough, some of these guys have skimpy tank tops on as well. And they really want me to see their nipples. They REALLY want me to see them and stare at them. It's really distracting. And sometimes they freeball...not that any of them are gay, but they're not afraid to make their goods available if some producer might be working out there who wants to cast them in something. And I've actually seen a very high level film and TV producer there, in a towel waiting for the showers chatting up some hot brown thing. And I'm not talking about THIS hot brown thing.

* The Turbo Ladies - there are ladies of a certain age who want to fight the signs of aging at all costs. So they are there with their ankle weights and their headbands and leotards sweatin' to the oldies. And by oldies, they mean themselves. God love those ladies. Good for them.

* The Turbo Men - the same as The Turbo Ladies, but men with dyed hair. Obviously dyed.

* The Kids - these are the young guys that I not so secretly lust after. They're in college and they're hot. Baggy basketball shorts. Hot little bodies, muscles. Piercing, innocent blue or green eyes and pert pecs and nips. Delish in a dish if I wish! They usually stay far away from me and my leering glances.

And this is the entertainment that sustains me as I'm pushing down and pulling up. My bod is sore from today's workout because I didn't really want to be there. I was tired and thought of giving up several times. But I didn't. I just kept at it, like a good boy. I don't know how male underwear models do it. It's a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment