Monday, February 21, 2011

Blame it on the Cleanse

I'll make this quick because I'm embarrassed.

Saw a pic of New Haven last week with a dude that actually my friend was supposed to set me up with. Both cute looking in tuxes. They may be friends, but it got me thinking. Things between us ended abruptly. Was there another dude in the picture?

Then I saw that he liked my status on FB today. And I decided to look on his page to see what he has been up to. We're supposed to get together to do healthy meals soon.

Status changed from "Single" to "in a relationship." WHAT?

Was he seeing someone while we were...oh, jeez. I had just gotten off of my emotional rollercoaster last night (see a couple blogs back) to get on another today?

So I did something that was fine, but I could have thought it out a bit. I sent an email. "Hey, that was quick." - was the gist of the email. I managed to be a bit more polite, but didn't mask my dislike.

Of course I got an email back from him questioning my dislike and saying that they had known each other for a while (a pattern) and had sparked during the Super Bowl. So there was no overlap.

I was a little embarrassed. but listen, I just wanted him to be upfront. So it wasn't me accusing him of not per se, but it was more about me saying, "Let's just set this up as a way we communicate."

Okay, I totally thought he was lying to me before. I was accusatory, even though I told him I wasn't. I just didn't want to get into it. I was pissed in the moment before I sent the email. then I realized what an ass I was being. I want New Haven to be happy. I still don't know if his new dude is the dude in the pic. I don't care. What this made me realize was that I need to be dating, if I'm going to let something like New Haven's relationship status distract me. That, or be distracted in other ways.

But maybe my mood was affected by the detoxing. I certainly got rid of some major toxins in that email and I spewed them all over New Haven. I'm an asshole for doing that.

I blame it on the cleanse.

No comments:

Post a Comment