Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sticky Rice

I was just having a conversation with my friend Tony who was just in town where I said that I had never been with an Asian guy. I'm half Asian, btw. I just don't find them that attractive usually.

I was at the gym this afternoon and went into the steam room and saw this guy who was so attractive. He seemed half-Chinese to me. Maybe half white? Great body. Was checking me out.

We were in the shower across from each other and he mouthed something. I couldn't hear him, but my hearing is bad. So I asked him what he said again. He mouthed "forget it." I guess it would look a little weird if we were having a total conversation in showers across from each other.

We checked each other out a few times and then he mouthed: "I have to go." He pointed to his wrist as if it were a watch, so I'd understand. I nodded.

When I was changing I introduced myself to him. And he said something, but it seemed like maybe he was either Chinese from China or deaf, because I couldn't really understand him.

He's deaf. And his name is Jeff. It was when he said he name I got it. And just in case I didn't hear him, he then told me he was deaf.

And then I remembered what I said in the shower, repeatedly:

I CAN'T HEAR YOU

I'm an asshole.

Bye, bye cute Chinese deaf Jeff. Thanks for breaking my indifference to people of my own kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment