Friday, July 29, 2011

The Dutiful Son

My father comes home tomorrow from the hospital. I've spent the past few weeks dealing with his health. Talking to doctors, figuring out his diet, etc. I even put up two poster boards on their refrigerator detailing what he can and can't eat. And tomorrow I'm putting together recipes for him. I am exhausted both physically and emotionally. I hope he gets it together and starts taking all of this seriously. That would be great.

And I need to get back to my life. I feel like I need to get some work done. I feel good that I can be here for him, but I need to take care of myself as well. But not before I do tons of research on what he can and can't eat. Oy.

Maybe I can do a cookbook out of this.

Talk about a change in direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment