Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cooking for Two

When I like a dude, I want to cook for him. I start going on line to look for impressive things I haven't made before. And sometimes I pull out my "greatest hits" in an effort to impress. But I know whether or not I'm interested based on whether or not I want to cook.

So what's on the menu for tonight?

Well, he's coming over at 10 pm, so it's more like a late night snack menu. He's bringing over Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey. So I'm looking to do something meaty, spicy and bold to match the boldness and the sweetness of the liquor. And to do that I'm reaching into the bag of tricks.

Homemade ketchup. This will go with some store bought sweet potato fries and turkey meatballs. My own meatballs will be on the menu at some point. But I'm rushing from dance class.

Pig Candy. Bacon with brown sugar and chili powder. It's so good.

Booze it up!

Looking forward to food that will put us in the mood.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment